Persons with Reduced Mobility
I am a person with reduced mobility. Will I receive any assistance during embarkation?
Both the on-board and land personnel of Baleària are available to help people with reduced mobility (those with any type of mobility limitation or who cannot travel independently, who have a sight or hearing impairment, elderly people, pregnant women…) to assist them in boarding the ship and during the crossing. Depending on the ship and route, people with reduced mobility will embark either at the beginning or at the end of the process.
What access routes onto the ship are available for people with reduced mobility?
Adapted access routes to the passenger decks vary depending on the ship:
- Abel Matutes: Lifts between all passenger decks and hold.
- Alhucemas: Lifts between all passenger decks and hold.
- Avemar Dos: Lift between vehicle deck and passenger lounge; stair lift between decks.
- Formentera Direct: Mechanised access (chair) from main deck to passenger area.
- Jaume I, II, III: Access ramp from the vehicle hold to the passenger deck.
- Martín i Soler: Lifts between all passenger decks and hold.
- Maverick, Maverick Dos: Direct access to the passenger deck via a ramp.
- Nissos Chios: Lift as far as the passenger deck.
- Passió per Formentera: Lifts between all passenger decks and hold
- Pinar del Río: Lift and access ramps.
- Poeta López Anglada: Lifts between all decks.
- Posidonia: Lift between decks. Stair lift as far as the outer deck and the lounge.
- Ramon Llull: Stair lift as far as the seating lounge
- Visemar: Direct access from vehicle deck to passenger deck
What services are people with reduced mobility are available on board?
Baleària ships have the following adapted services for people with reduced mobility:
- Adapted lounge seats (with folding armrests and seatbelt).
- Adapted toilets in communal areas.
- Safety anchorage points for wheelchairs.
- On ships with cabin accommodation, there are specially prepared cabins available.
Are guide dogs for the blind allowed onto the ship?
Baleària regulations regarding pets on ships do not apply in the case of guide dogs accompanying blind passengers, which in accordance with the specific regulations enjoy unrestricted access to the lounges on the ship, and may be embarked free of charge. Remember that you need to specify this when making the booking.
Do you want to change the departure date?