These Spanish state rebates are applied to the fares for scheduled ferry services for citizens providing proof that they live in the Balearic Islands (on inter-island crossings and between the Balearics and the Mainland), in Ceuta (on Ceuta-Algeciras crossings), Melilla (on Melilla-Almeria crossings) or the Canary Islands (on Huelva-Canaries crossings).
The applicable amount is:
- Mainland Spain - Balearic Islands: 75% for Balearic Island residents.
- Majorca - Minorca and Majorca - Ibiza: 75% for Balearic Island residents.
- Ibiza - Formentera: 75% for Majorca, Minorca and Ibiza residents, and 89% for Formentera residents.
- Mainland - Ceuta: 75% for Ceuta residents.
- Mainland-Melilla: 75% for Melilla residents.
- Mainland Spain - Canaries: 75% for Canaries residents.
These rebates are applied to the fare, except for the difference with regard to superior class lounge seats or cabins for single occupancy (Maritime Transportation Subsidies Act 6/2018, on 3 July 2018). The discounts apply only to passengers, not to vehicles.